Saturday, November 11, 2006

Q&A: My Calling Card Doesn't Work

Q: I bought 2 calling cards for the Caribbean, at my variety store and THEY DON'T WORK. What happened? Have they expired? Did the variety store that I bought them at rip me off? They are Can/Carrib cards.

-Jane

A: On Nov. 11., 2006, Phone Card Depot wrote:

Jane,

I've never heard of that card. There are several reasons why the card may not work. Here's a link to a post I made a while back about what to do if the card doesn't work: Prepaid Phone Card Doesn't Work: Steps to Take

LOCAL ACCESS DOES NOT WORK
If the local access number does not work, it could be for 2 reasons.
a) the card issuer has gone out of business
b) they are having temporary technical difficulties.

LOCAL ACCESS WORKS: "INVALID PIN"
a) Expired: Most calling cards have expiry dates of 6 months after you first enter your PIN number. I have seen 3 months, but this is rare.
b) Used by someone else: If the voice prompt says "You have 0.21 cents remaining" (or some other very low balance), it may mean that the card you have was used by someone else.

DID THE VARIETY STORE RIP YOU OFF?
It depends whether or not they knew that they were selling you an inoperable product. If you suspect that the variety store did rip you off, then It would be interesting to see if you went back there and asked to buy another one of those cards from them. When they put it on the counter ask "does this work?". They will say yes, then say "okay I'll take it, but only if I can try it here and now on my cell phone in front of you".


Regards,





Tavis McKenzie
GM, Phonecarddepot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home